Monday, April 27, 2009

At the beginning

Always wanted to start a blog. Just never had the time. Now deciding that instead of being at the beck and call of others, I'm actually going to put myself first for a small amount of time and do this for me.

So who am I? Still figuring that one out. The facts are easy. I'm 39, 2 kids and headed for a most acrimonious divorce. Was always considered by others to be very independent and strong but somehow in 16 years, I lost that person and now rediscovering her again. Found myself turning into someone who I didn't recognize and knew I deserved the right to have emotions and respect instead of just putting them in a box and ignoring them for a decade. Discovered the unhealthiness of living like that and decided to make a change. Realized that if I was going to be SuperWoman(i.e. mom and dad to two boys who one is autistic, healthcare advocate, education advocate, chaffeur, cook, housewife, cum dump, baggage dumping ground, etc. etc.), I would rather do it without the criticisms, armchair quarterbacking, emotional blackmail and the non-reality he lived in. And besides the fact that in 6 years, he never learned anything about autism and had so many unrealistic goals for child.

So to wrap up first blog. So what am I going to write about in the future? Well I predict that first few will be getting some things off my chest and the rest will be about me and my growth into becoming a human being with feelings again. Now don't worry, all my posts will not be heavy. I use to have a wicked sense of humor and I'm trying to retap into that vein. Know it's there...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, first comment on first post. Welcome to blogging. Post whatever strikes your fancy and never mind if others make comments saying they don't like it. After all is said and done it is your space and yours to control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, What Kulkuri said. And thank you for the very kind comment at my place. I will blog roll you and offer my blog roll for you to poach from. All very fine people behind these blogs. It's an awfully good support system. I wish you the very best. It sounds like you are on your way to liberating yourself. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Savage. I'm still learning how to finesse my page. Can spackle a wall but can't frost a cake. Can work around Vista but this is new territory. Know my limits but still willing to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging! I'm glad you're going to write about your life and situation(s). Sounds like you will have lots to work with.

    ReplyDelete