Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Saturday and the boys are asleep. One in my bed and the other is in his own bed. Tomorrow they leave for a week so I'll be childless for a week. Misdemeanor is upset that I'm not going with them to Florida. He's been really attached today wanting to spend time with me. Very mellow and quiet. Getting him to talk about his feelings is like pulling teeth. With the autism, his self awareness is almost nil. He has all these emotions inside but doesn't understand them and it's hard for him to explain what he is feeling and why. I do dread him being away without some minimal support. His father (the ex) really didn't get involved with the autism. He still hasn't learned to pick up the cues that I can from Misdemeanor on how he is relating to a situation or place. Too much sounds or actions and he just tunes out. I let him know that he can call me anytime that he needs to. Just trying to reassure him that I will be there for him and he can talk to me.

Listening to this



and then Ipod led me back to my roots.


Saw him last year and he still sounds so good. Some music just stands the test of time and becomes a classic.

Trying not to be blue.


Sorry about the advertisement. Couldn't find the video anywhere else.

7 comments:

  1. This may sound trite but you will rejoice when he returns. His dad most likely is bewildered by it all. Your son is lucky to have you for his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take some time to spoil yourself. Being such a good mommy is draining. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to enjoy the kid-free time. My boy has been with his dad all month, and it has been equally worrying and restful. None of this is easy...

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always tough when they leave. Mine left for the first time to go to Panama City in his own car. Which left me spending the weekend thinking he is going to be killed or maimed by a drunk driver. I've managed to limit myself to a cell phone call every three hours. I've spent the whole weekend with my cell glued to my hand in case something happens and he needs me. Motherhood never actually ends. If he were 40, I still would be freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how hard that's going to be for you. I agree with your other commenters, take some time for yourself. You've been working really hard on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is he on the high-functioning end of the spectrum? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. Did decide on Monday after crap day between mani/pedi or dinner. Mani/pedi won.

    Kevin, he is high functioning but theory of mind is less than 1%. Take extra effort on the whole social/feelings world.

    ReplyDelete