Sunday, June 7, 2009

Work is killing my "social" life


Only one week has passed since I've been back to the working class and I am just plain exhausted of juggling kids, finding a nanny (would love to do daycare but Misdemeanor has so many appointments and school), preparing to work, and working full time. I am trying to absorb and fix so many problems at work that I feel needs to be tackled and solved all at once. Think I'm a little OCD. Must learn to handle one fire at a time or else I'm going to go crazy and take some people with me when I finally snap. So it's gotten to the point that I am so brain dead to write anything witty or smart (but then again, have I ever done it in the past?). Haven't had the time to keep up on what other bloggers are writing and I feel so bad because I AM interested but my body and life has to get to a point where they both can coexist in peaceful harmony. Haven't reached that point yet. When I do, I'll be commenting and posting and keeping up with all the interesting and wonderful people I have found. And one day, I'll finally get to meet the ones here in Atlanta. One day my life will reach a point of Zen.



8 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your balancing acts... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there....it will get better or buy more vodka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that it is best to just turn work into a social life. Don't have time for sex, drugs, and rock and roll ? Bring all three to work ! At some jobs this is easier than others, but that's just all part of the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what I think... Sometimes you just have to stop. Just stop. That's the only way... what's the worst that can happen? You might realize that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine, too, I hope. I mean the live/zen thing.

    Here's hoping that things will find some balance for you. This post seems all too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OAM- Thanks so much. Keeping the plates spinning.

    Peach- I wish. Still have bottle of vodka that is a year old in freezer. Must prioritize my drinking.

    Lemmy - I so wish but sex, drugs and rock-n-roll doesn't mesh with kids with heart conditions. Must keep professional during business hours but do make up for it with driving back and forth minus the alcohol unless I'm wishing I had a drink.

    Miss Alex - Wish I could. Attempting single parenthood is a challenge but enjoying the single part way too much to depend on another to exert control.

    Lisa - we so need to meet and have a drink. Or two or three. Or hey, just leave the bottle on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen girl! Hey, we are the online support group you were considering. That's what it's all about. I've been considering doing a blog called "Underwire For Life" that would be nothing buy guest blogs about supporting ourselves--spiritually, mentally, physically, financially. Anyone interested? I'll get it set up and ready to roll this weekend if I have takers. Email me! www.thebonadea@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you lots of luck and easy juggling.

    ReplyDelete