Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out of breath... Have a moment so......

I want to thank everyone for their good thoughts and great words.

It's been a little hectic juggling a new job that has me trying to restructure everything. Hard to come into an established practice as the new person but high on the chain of command and seeing so much things going wrong. Luckily I have the support of my boss and she has confidence in me. Trying not to lose my cool and having to deal with "who the heck is she to tell ME how to do MY job?" Too much comfort in their way of doing things but not realizing how much in the way they are not doing their job is affecting the practice's income. I always had the mindset that you have to earn your seat and these women are presently sitting in cushy seats but really deserve wooden foot stools. Going to be a fun FUN (NOT) Monday meeting with all. Have been asked to make a list of ALL the wrong ways things are being done. Have a front desk manager who doesn't seem to keep up with the current regs that the insurance companies are implementing. Heck, I've been out of the business for 4 years and I still am more current than her.

The kids are being the kids. They came back from Florida and have been little ticks on my ass. They are just being so demanding with the little free time I have. Always have hugs and kisses being forced upon me. I don't mind at all though. Will come a time when I'm just not the coolest and best mom anymore.

Still working on trying to get a divorce. It's been over a year since we've seperated and the X still has issues. Still being treated as the beck and call girl in every aspect and he doesn't understand the concept of me not wanting to be his wife any longer. Really wish he would move on and let me go.

3 comments:

  1. I continue to send you my highest thoughts...being a working mom is the hardest job in the world...big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll always be the best and coolest mom!
    As for beck and call girl...that's one of those difficult "boundary" issues. I was still running his errands up until the point where I finally remarried.

    I should have just killed him, it would have been cheaper, less emotionally fraught, and I'd probably be paroled by now.

    I'm going to post about my hideous divorce at some point, it's just hard to go back in time and revisit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate. If we could swiftly deal with and eliminate all the dead weight in every department of every institution in this land, few companies/organizations would ever need to worry about generating revenue.

    I recognized that very early in life when observing my mother's career as an high-level administrator of the local public school district. Far too often problem employees were removed from positions of authority only to be granted new positions where they could do no damage---yet they often made more money than before and did almost no work. That is absolute madness.

    ReplyDelete