Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's a wonderful life aka hey I finally mowed the lawn

Ow ow ow OUCH! Don't know what the heck I've been doing but woke up with right shoulder/neck pain. Maybe too much mouse play. Anyways, it's a breezy, really overcast day with expected flooding and thunderstorms. Perfect day to attempt to mow the lawn. Being newly single and the kiddies not old enough to actually be useful in manual labor, I knew it was something I would have to do. Until I find employment, can't afford to pay someone to do it. And I must say it wasn't that bad. It only took me 15 minutes to figure out how to start the mower. Pushing and pulling was a strain but did accidentally pushed a lever and VOILA, self propulsion... Wow.. it was easy from there.
Viva la freedom revolution!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the newfound freedom of lawn maintenance. I have found manual labor to be a serious risk to wasting time. Be careful with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a complete and proud black thumb. Definitely know my limitations. Once employment is reached, I'll do my part to employ others. So miss hair colorist and dry cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the self-propulsion. I used to like to mow - it was time I could contemplate. And plot. And scheme......all while sunning myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I loathe the sun. Don't tan. Just burn and freckle. Came back from spring break from as white as I went down.

    Lisa-Always make time to contemplate, plot and scheme. Remember only the good die young.

    ReplyDelete