Sunday, May 17, 2009

X ----> Butt Pimple-------> Evil Incarnate

Had a little break this weekend. Good to just unwind sometimes but alas, back to reality.

EI and I are having our divorce mediation in one week. Visitation is definitely going to be addressed. He thinks it's perfectly appropriate to change up on me and I just have to scramble to figure that day out. I change my plans to accommodate him. So today I asked him if he'd be willing to take them one day early for first week long visitation. Surprise the answer was no. Then was told by him that visitation is not something he is required to abide by. Since I am primary custodian of the children, I should be at his beck and call when he thinks he has the time. I can honestly say that he truly sucks at being a father.


I need funny ha ha...not funny sad.....

Also have been spending my free alternate Sunday afternoons with a very close friend's child who is 5 1/2 at the children's hospital. He had a leukemia relapse and is now going through the process of getting him ready for a bone marrow transplant. He also has Down's Syndrome. I was around when he first got diagnosed and now they're back to square one. Giving him and his wife and younger son some regular time. He spends so much time at the hospital practically living there. So for the next 6+ months, I'll be there every other Sunday for 5 hours. Very emotionally draining but also grateful for the friends that I have and truly care about and doing what I can to ease their world.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god what a lot to deal with. You ex husband sounds like a narcissistic prick. The kids will get whiplash. Sounds like you need to take the reigns on this issue.

    Sadly when I found out a friend of mine had MS it was as if she'd told me she was dead. That's how big a coward I am. Her diagnosis came about the time my mother died, and I'd spent 5 years caring for my mother. I don't think I have it in me again. I'm just barely taking care of myself. But I'm glad there is a good group of people to help when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same BS control issues with my ex too. I never did solve mine, he seemed to enjoy keeping us waiting for hours or not showing up at all. The joke was on him though, as soon as my son hit his teens he no longer really wanted anything to do with my ex again. I was lucky to marry a wonderful man and he has been a great dad to my son--way better than his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your children's dad is being such a prick...i had to deal with similar issues....it's their only way of attempting to exercise some control over you.....it sucks however, that the kids get in the middle of it....good luck with the mediation

    ReplyDelete