Thursday, May 28, 2009

You've been on my mind.....

Now get off, you're too darn heavy. No, seriously, I know I've been away but let's take a quick step in the way back machine and you'll see why.

Saturday- Took the boys to the Aquarium. ARGH!!! What was I thinking?!?!?! On a Saturday.

Sunday-Spent time with Misdemeanor and Felony before they went to their father's for a week.

Monday- Dreading Tuesday.

Tuesday- Mediation. Accomplished absolutely nothing but spent a lot of money doing it. Apparently God told him that he needs to have custody of the children. And God also said he needed to make me sell the house and move to closer to his sister's so I can take care of the children's educational and health needs while he retains custody. WTF?!?!?!?! Everyone but him knows there is a snowballs chance in hell for him to win custody. I've got speech therapists, occupational therapists, developmental pediatricians, and other professionals who are laughing and willing to be on my side because in the last 9+ years, they have barely seen him be involved as a parent. Left as an impasse. Next stop. Waiting for court date. Apparently all (my attorney and mediator say that someone has a control issue and has problems letting go)


(Meanwhile during this week, I've been searching for a nanny. Daycare would not pick Misdemeanor up from Extended School Year or be able to take him to all his therapies)


Wednesday- On my meanderings for childcare, I received a phone call in regards to a resume I sent weeks ago. Now I already verbally accepted a part time job for shit hours and shit pay but hey, it was a job. So I said "what the hell". Told her that I had accepted a job but she insisted on meeting me. I'll go. Met with her and she LOVED me. Offered me position on the spot. Operations Manager for Pediatric Cardiovascular clinics. YEAH!!!


The ICING: I can pay all my bills and bank the child support!!!


Thursday
- Shopping for work clothes. I hate/loathe shopping. May have found nanny. Meeting her on Sunday. But do have temp sitter for next week so I have a week's leeway.


Kids come back on Sunday and I totally feel like I haven't had any downtime at all.

4 comments:

  1. You may not have had any downtime, but you sure as hell got a lot done. I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you got a lot done. I don't envy you this battle. Seems like you have your ducks in a row. Congrats on the job!

    In my experience it was about power and control, and little to do with the child. Thirteen years later, it's a bit better. But has been passive for the most part.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing - no down time at least equaled getting a lot done. I'm sorry that he's not using mediation properly. What a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job and enjoy your weekend. Do something to pamper yourself.

    ReplyDelete